Laughter Yoga: Laughter Really Is the Best Medicine
Laughter is contagious and has a powerful and immediate effect on our mind, body and spirit. Our bodies can’t tell the difference between real or simulated laughter! This class involves deep breathing, stretching, clapping and laughter exercises. Watch the video of one of our classes. Our laughter exercises in this class will:
- Increase blood flow and oxygen to all the major organs
- Enhance endorphin levels which make us feel uplifted & can reduce pain
- Stimulate immune, digestive & cardiac systems
- Reduce stress levels
- Relax, strengthen & lengthen the muscles with stretching
- Help create a laughing community and be fun!
|Time:||2 Wednesdays per month, 5:30 – 6:30 pm|
|Location:||1545 Divisadero St., 5th Floor (Map & Directions)|
|Instructor:||Teresa Corrigan RN, MA, CLL|
|Register/Info:||Drop-in; no registration necessary.
Please wear comfortable clothing.
For info, call 415-353-7718 or e-mail.
- January: 11, 25
- February: 8, 29
- March: 14, 28
- April: 11, 25
- May: 9, 23
- June: 6, 20
- July: 11, 25
- August: 8, 22
- September: 12, 26
- October: 10, 24
- November: 7, 21
- December: 5, 19
Learn more about laughter yoga at www.laughteryoga.org.