Mindfulness-Based Childbirth & Parenting
This program is an invitation to begin or deepen the practice of mindfulness for meeting the profound changes in our bodies and minds during pregnancy, childbirth and parenting.
Through mindfulness meditation, yoga, and group dialogue we will learn a way to fully live the joys and challenges of this transformative time and cultivate lifelong skills for healthy living and wise parenting. Read about The Mindful Birth in Greater Good Magazine.
In this course, you will:
- Access deep physical and mental relaxation
- Learn to engage the mind to work with pain during labor
- Understand the physiology of childbirth, breastfeeding, and babies
- Practice prenatal yoga for strength and flexibility
- Increase confidence and courage for labor and delivery
- Develop tools for managing stress in pregnancy, parenting, and daily life
Fee: $590 per couple, $295 per single ($531/$265.50 with UCSF discount)
Plus $40 material fee, including book, workbook and two audio CDs
Instructor: Nancy Bardacke, RN, CNM, MA
- Wednesdays, January 25 – March 21, from 6:45–9:45 pm
- Wednesdays, April 18 – June 13, from 6:45–9:45 pm
- Wednesdays, September 12 – November 7, from 6:45–9:45 pm